The 2015 Ohio Library Support Staff Institute was held July 25-28, 2015 at Baldwin-Wallace University in Berea, OH.
OLSSI was fortunate enough to win the H.W. Wilson Library Staff Development Grant in 2015. ALA issued a press release with the details.
Our scholarship winners were:
- Laura Birkenhaeur, Senior Library Technician, Miami University Libraries
- Benjamin Cottom, Reference Librarian, Grafton-Midview Public Library
- Rachel Mathie, Local History/Geneology, Loudonville Public Library
- Sue Smith, Serials Assistant, Westerville Public Library
- Elizabeth Moore Jacobs, InterLibrary Loan, University of Dayton
The grand prize was a Kindle Fire AND a stay at Ravenwood Castle!
The class materials used included:
- Making It Real: Why a Makerspace Might Make Sense for Your Library
- Building User-Centered, Flexible Teams
- Collaborate for Success
Amy Pickenpaugh in memory of Eileen Pickenpaugh
Companies & Institutions:
Backstage Library Works
Baker & Taylor
Buffalo Wild Wings
Huntington National Bank
Innovative Users Group
Loretta Neff, author, and The Elegant Way Foundation
Thomson-Reuters / Westlaw
Today’s Business Solutions